Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR) Vaccine
Measles, mumps, and rubella are serious diseases. Before vaccines they were very common, especially among children.
• Measles virus causes rash, cough, runny nose, eye irritation, and fever.• It can lead to ear infection, pneumonia, seizures (jerking and staring), brain damage, and death.
• Mumps virus causes fever, headache, muscle pain, loss of appetite, and swollen glands.• It can lead to deafness, meningitis (infection of thebrain and spinal cord covering), painful swelling of the testicles or ovaries, and rarely sterility.
Rubella (German Measles)
• Rubella virus causes rash, arthritis (mostly in women),and mild fever.• If a woman gets rubella while she is pregnant, she could have a miscarriage or her baby could be born with serious birth defects.These diseases spread from person to person through the air. You can easily catch them by being around someone who is already infected.
Measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR) vaccine can protect children (and adults) from all three of these diseases.
Thanks to successful vaccination programs these diseases
Talk to your doctor if you:
have seizures or another nervous system problem, had severe pain or swelling after any vaccine containing diphtheria, tetanus or pertussis, ever had a condition called Guillain Barré Syndrome (GBS),
aren't feeling well on the day the shot is scheduled.
Who shouldn't get the shot?
Anyone who has ever had a life-threatening allergic reaction to the antibiotic neomycin, or any other
component of MMR vaccine, should not get the vaccine. Tell your doctor if you have any severe
• Anyone who had a life-threatening allergic reaction to a previous dose of MMR or MMRV vaccine should not get another dose.
• Some people who are sick at the time the shot is scheduled may be advised to wait until they recover
before getting MMR vaccine.
• Pregnant women should not get MMR vaccine. Pregnant women who need the vaccine should wait
until after giving birth. Women should avoid getting pregnant for 4 weeks after vaccination with MMR
***ONLY OCCUPATIONAL CLINIC LOCATIONS PROVIDE MMR VACCINE***
Clinic locations are different from Lab Draw locations. 2 Shot Series. Price Per Shot. *